Monday 2 May 2011

Bluebell Walks

 At this time of year we try to cram as many Bluebell walks in as possible. We never manage enough before the bluebells are past their best.
Here we are at our local nature reserve
 Immy and Rosanna looking at 'Wowers'
Our local reserve, suffering from vandalism, but that's not stopped bluebells blooming in the woods. Geoff tried in vain to get us to recognise the call of the Willow warbler.
And now on to our favourite bluebell work of the season. Eager children ready to explore the woods.

Our local wood is carpeted thick with bluebells, it's an amazing sight. Evening walks are the best.
 So delicate and pretty
So many winding paths to go off and explore.
 With every winding path bluebells as far as the eye can see. I love the smell of wild garlic too.
A rope swing, a steep climb up
But well worth the climb!
 It had just rained before our walk and we saw toads creeping across the path. I'm sure they were looking for supper as the rain had brought out the slugs.



But as the bluebells fade, more of natures surprises are waiting for us.



This is the sight I was met with this morning as I went to my garage. It stopped me in my tracks and now I know why Rosanna calls flowers 'Wowers'. Think I might join her!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bluebell walk. Those carpets of hazy blue must be the most spectacular of all the beautiful wild flowers found around the English countryside. As for the toads. How my children would delight in coming across at least one! Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. I'd love a go on that rope swing too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask what wowers were, but I can see it is a perfect word! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've enjoyed the bluebells with us!

    Rain is predicted for the next few days, so hopefully we'll get out to the wood and maybe the toads will be out again.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a willow warbler discussion yesterday. There has been one heard in the area, which is apparently unusual. What wonderful sunny pictures. I love that poppy - I had one in my old garden and it was such a joy. Lots of bluebells in the new one though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were beautiful and looks like such a splendid walk. I agree Wowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning place to get outdoors and connect with nature.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...